9.03.2017

that voice

The Garden Gate; casein on board; 13" x 8"

"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

The title of this blog is "p a i n t - verb/pānt" for a reason.  It's there to remind me, and others, that life is all about "doing."  If you desire a thing, like to paint pictures or to capture beauty with a camera or to express yourself with dance, then do it.  Do it immediately and constantly and with a definite goal in mind.  Be - and do - what it is you desire.  If you say so to yourself, 'this is what I do' and do it - you will achieve your goal.

More quotes by Vincent

2 comments:

Mary Klein said...

If anyone reading here is inspired by this post, please let me know. Also, share a link to your new blog. (Blogging is a great way to fan the flames of your chosen endeavor - and keep yourself honest at the same time.) I'd love to add your blog to my list here - and support your efforts in the future!

P.S. Blogs are free and easy to start. As you can see, I use Blogger - which has served me well for over a decade. Many new bloggers now like WordPress. I'm sure there are pros and cons for each.

Mary Klein said...

Just ran across Sol LeWitt's letter to Eva Hesse - am leaving it HERE because . . . well, you'll see when you read it.