9.19.2017

dar williams

Eggs and Sunflowers; casein on board; 7" x 11.5"
 

Last night, when I was painting Eggs and Sunflowers, Dar Williams was singing sweetly - via a CD.  "As Cool as I Am" is a favorite of mine and I must have listened to it 20 times last night.  Here are some of the lyrics:

You tried to make me doubt, to make me guess, tried to make me feel like a little less,
Oh, I liked you when your soul was bared, I thought you knew how to be scared,
And now it's amazing what you did to make me stay,
But truth is just like time, it catches up and it just keeps going . . .
 
Dar is coming to the Twin Cities soon on a book tour.  I can't wait to see her in person again - and to buy her book - and to have her sign it.  Yes, I'm a fan.  I've got the date marked in my Bullet Journal.

P.S. For those following along, I've decided to stick with my beloved watercolor board.  If you compare the painting in this post (watercolor board) and the one in the previous post (primed panel,) you'll see the difference in my ability to handle the paint on each surface.  Albeit, with time, I think I could gain proficiency with the primed panel.  But at this point in time, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. 

No comments: