12.03.2017

holiday cards

Christmas Card Painting in Progress; casein tempera on board; 10" x 8"
It was wonderful to place a painting with its new owner today!  The Avocado Pit was delivered this morning and is now in its new home.  The experience inspired me to use the same avocado plant for my Christmas card.  After hunting down just the right ornaments and ribbon, I set up the scene above on my mantel - complete with a reddish background.  I'm enjoying so many things about this painting: the transparent/translucent ribbon, the Charlie Brown nature of the "tree", the shiny metallic hanging ornament and the satin ones beside the pot - not to mention the shadows, terra cotta pot and glass bowl.  It will be a lot of fun making little prints of this painting to affix to my Christmas cards.  If you'd like a card sent to you, send me an email with your name and address - I'll put you on the list.

No comments: