3.29.2018

cloud play

Sky Dance; casein on panel; 10" x 8"

So happy and honored to report that my painting, Sunflower Study, won third place at the Floral Exhibition at Studio Pintura Gallery in Minneapolis last weekend.  I saw the show for the first time today (the opening reception was last Saturday but I was still in Cincinnati then and couldn't attend).  Such a lovely variety of excellent floral paintings - a huge thank you to Lois and Armando for all of their efforts!

I'm excited also to announce that I'll be participating in Art-a-Whirl this year.  What is Art-a-Whirl?  Here's the blurb from their site: "Art-A-Whirl is an open studio tour in Northeast Minneapolis. It’s a great opportunity to tour private artist studios and galleries, connect with the artists, and purchase original artwork. Over the last 20+ years, it has become the largest open studio tour in the country. Art-A-Whirl takes place annually throughout Northeast Minneapolis, the third weekend of May. This event is free and open to the public."  If you're planning on coming, look for me in the Northrup King Building - #293.

I've got some framing to do before May 18th rolls around.  I want to have 10 to 20 framed paintings ready to hang for the Whirl - and that will take a bit of planning on my part.  There are labels to make and logistics to think about too.  Happy busy!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved win! I'm sure the open studio will be successful for you and I know you can get all ready by the third week in May.

Jan said...

Duh, was so excited about your news that I forgot to say that "Sky Dance" is really lovely! The movement in the sky makes it extra special.

Mary Klein said...

Thank you, Jan - for both of your kind comments!