9.17.2013

life drawing

Life Drawing sounded like a nice class when I was 20.  Besides, it was required for my course of study.  With my newsprint, charcoal and kneaded eraser newly purchased from the art supply store I showed up on the first day.  It was then that it happened: at the beginning of class one of the students (at least I had assumed up to this point he was a student,) took off all of his clothes and struck a pose on a platform in front of the rest of us.  My panic, which thankfully was discernible only by me, suddenly dissipated with the task at hand - quickly, and intuitively capture what I saw before me as truthfully as I could with burnt vine and recycled newspaper. I was hooked.

last night's co-op efforts - 25 minutes

last night's co-op efforts - 5 minutes each

1 comment:

Unknown said...



Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks