7.12.2017

blues

 
Here's my test of Delicate Surface Frog Tape on my painting board.  (It's also a little gradient of blues - but that was really just an excuse to get paint down next to the tape.) The DSFT is working better than the regular tape but still pulls the surface off slightly - especially by the outer corners.  But I'm not going to worry about it just now.  It's more important to get out and paint - these minor issues will resolve themselves in time.

The image is what's important and there are no issues there, within the tape.  Besides - when I varnish the entire board the roughed up areas may settle down to match their surroundings.  It's a matter of style and presentation - and flexibility.  Casein on board can be framed many ways.  I want to give my collectors options - and a beautiful presentation.

No comments: