10.13.2017

self portrait


Self Portrait 10/13/2017; casein on board; 10" x 8"
 
The coffee cup doesn't usually sit on my palette.  But the painting above is a depiction early on in my process - when I use yellow ochre to sketch out the scene  That stage gives me plenty of room on the palette for a drink.  When the other colors came into play, the coffee cup moves to the ground. 
 
It's getting more and more important to bring something hot to drink when painting outside lately.  The good news is the mosquitoes aren't the problem they once were.  But the chill will only get worse now.  Casein is a water based paint so I definitely need to move inside to the studio when it gets below freezing.  Until then, I'll keep drinking my coffee - and start making plans for some winter still lifes. 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you're look'n good!

Mary Klein said...

Thanks, David!