3.26.2018

new home


Winter Shadows - getting ready for its new home!

It's been a whirlwind week and I'm just catching my breath now!  I left for Cincinnati very early Wednesday morning - arriving late in the evening.  The next day I was up early again to be at the Cincinnati Art Center by 8:30 for the Wet Wall Competition.  After making two paintings (a still life inside then a plein air out (after the temperature got above freezing)) I went to a lovely cocktail party given by a very gracious Cincinnati AIS member in his home.  Friday I attended an all day workshop given by Kenn Errol Backhaus - the judge of the show.  The opening reception was Friday night - such excitement!  And on Saturday there was a panel discussion at Greenwich House Gallery in the morning and a trip to the Cincinnati Museum of Art in the afternoon. 

Back in the studio now, I've got the lovely task of preparing one of my winter paintings for its new home.  I'm loving how it looks in its white frame and am super excited to send it off!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Welcome back!

Someone is getting a very beautiful painting and it does look good in that frame!

Mary Klein said...

Thanks, Jan! It goes out today - feels good!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, thank you Mary.

How do you get it to sit on the couch!

I think the wall looks better!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Klein said...

I'm glad you're happy with it, David! It's one of my favorites - so nice to know it's found a good home now. Thank you for letting me know it arrived safely - enjoy!