3.08.2018

high key

Pattern Pieces; casein on panel; 10" x 8"

I love painting satin ribbons - and noticing all of the incredible shapes, edges and colors - endlessly fascinating.

I also love to sew and had a chance to dust off my Singer hand-crank today.  It's freshly oiled now with a new bobbin wound - and it's sewing like a charm.  The project today was a canvas cover for my sketchbook with pockets and a flap for my fountain pen and pencils.  It's nothing fancy but does its job well.  Now to reinvigorate my daily sketching habit.

2 comments:

Jan said...

No wonder you like painting satin ribbon - you do it beautifully. It surprises me that the ribbon can look so shiny in casein!

Mary Klein said...

Thank you, Jan! Casein has such a wonderful matte finish - it is surprising to get glossy effects with it. But if you’re faithful to what you see before you, you’ll amaze yourself with what casein can do.

On a side note, my booklet shipped today - I’ll write a post about it when it arrives - complete with pictures 👩‍🎨