3.15.2018

out about

March Thaw; casein on panel; 8" x 10"


It was finally time to brave the cold and paint outside today.  The high was a little above freezing around 3:30pm - that's when this painting was done.  This is the bike path by my studio - sans the huge-high-tension tower that was actually in the upper right of this view.  That's the lovely thing about painting - you can take what you see and make it your own.

This is a true plein aire painting - the only alteration I made after coming home was to sign it.  What you see is what I was able to capture with my mitten-ed hands and eyes peeking between hat and scarf.  I'm very pleased with it - if for nothing else than having gotten out and broken the ice on painting outside - no pun intended.

In one week I'll be painting out in Cincinnati with the American Impressionist Society.  What I paint then will go into a special "Wet Wall" exhibition.  I'm excited to participate - and honored to be in such talented company.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Makes me want to get the grill and cast iron out!

Mary Klein said...

I love it when a painting evokes a strong feeling like that!